Google has many apps and one of the lesser known but very useful app is Google Cloud Print. Google Cloud print makes you to print from anywhere to your home printer.
Google Cloud Print works on your phone, tablet, Chromebook, PC, and any other web-connected device you want to print from.
Google Cloud Print works with all printers, but if you are buying a new printer choose Cloud Ready printer available in market which can directly connect to the internet without need of a computer. Follow the installation instructions given by your printer manufacturer to setup a Cloud Ready Printer with Google Cloud Print or you can refer this page for inputs.
If you don’t have a Cloud Ready printer, you can still setup a classic printer to Google Cloud Print.
How to connect your classic printers with Google Cloud Print
If you are using Windows,Linux or Mac computer; the first step is to install Google Chrome browser.
(For WinXP users WinXP SP3 is needed it to work)
Once Google Chrome is installed, follow the steps below to enable the Google Cloud Print connector in Google Chrome.
- Log in to your user account on the Windows, Mac, or Linux computer.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click the Show advanced settings link.
- Scroll down to the “Google Cloud Print” section. Click Manage.
- The next screen will show a list of devices already registered with Google Cloud Print, and new devices available on the network.
- In the “Classic printers” section, click Add printers.
- You’ll see a confirmation that Google Cloud Print has been enabled. Click Manage your printers to learn more.
The printer is now associated with your Google Account and connected to Google Cloud Print. You can print to this printer using Google Cloud Print whenever you’re signed in with the same Google Account on any computer.
What if Printer is offline/not connected to a computer or web ?
If your printer can’t be reached at the time you submit your print job (e.g. the computer running the Google Cloud Print connector is turned off, or your Cloud Ready printer is disconnected), your job will wait in the print queue in the cloud. Your printer will download and print the job normally as soon as it comes back online. You can see the documents in queue by visiting Google Cloud Print management page.
For your classic printer to be connected to the Google cloud, you must be logged into the user account in chrome browser you used to enable the Google Cloud Print connector on your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer. Your saved print requests will be fetched normally when you log in.
Print with Google Chrome from any computer to your Cloud Printer
Click the Chrome menu from your browser’s toolbar and select Print to print the webpage you are viewing (you can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+P). In the “Destination” section, click Change and choose your printer from the Google Cloud Print section. You need to be logged in to your google account to show up your printer.
Print any files from any computer to your Cloud Printer
Quickly print a file from your computer by following the instructions below:
- Open the browser on the computer (need not to be a Chrome browser)
- Visit the Google Cloud Print management page and click the Print button.
- Choose Upload file to print.
- Click on Select a file from my computer.
- Select the file you want to print and click on the Open button.
- Choose your printer and click the Print button.
Print files from your Android device
Cloud Print is the official Android app for printing with Google Cloud Print from your Android devices. Once installed, share your documents, photos, or PDFs to the app, select your printer and preferred print options, and hit Print – that’s all there is to it. Open the app from the Android launcher to view your jobs list for recently submitted print jobs and to check their current status.
Rate this page :