Have you been in situations where it is not convenient to take a call but want to send a response ? You might be driving, or in meeting and you cannot take a call, but want to send a message to the caller without doing much with the phone to let the caller know of your status. Latest version of Android allows us to do this fairly quickly. You can respond to the call with preset SMS/text messages if you can’t take the call.
Here’s how to activate it and customize the messages to suit your needs.
- Open up the Phone app in your Android Phone.
- Tap the menu button (those three vertical dots).
- Choose Settings
- Tap on the Quick responses entry
This is where all of your automatic SMS’s are stored. You can store four default SMS text messages here. You will see the default ones right there and you can edit any of them by tapping on it. Edit your responses to cover most of your situations.
Now when a call comes through you can follow these steps to send one of these quick response.
- Slide up the answer icon to the text message symbol (you would normally see green call symbol towards right to connect call, red call symbol towards left to dismiss the call and the a message symbol towards top to text message)
- If will show your stored messages and also gives an option to Write Own message
- Tap on the message to send the response as SMS
Hope this helps !
Rate this page :