Uluva Cheera Thoran is one of those simple dishes which is very healthy and can be made very easily. Cooking time required is much less for this wonderful dish. Consuming Methy Leaves cleanses the intestines and flushes waste out of the body. Methy Leaves is a widely acclaimed cure for arthritis. Pregnant women are advised not to eat it much as it may induce labour.
Fenugreek(Methi) Leaves : 2 bunches (cleaned & chopped)
Shallots /Pearl Onions /Small Red Onion : 3-4 (finely,sliced)
Garlic : 3-5 pods (chopped)
Mustard Seeds : ½ tsp
Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
Grated Coconut : 4 tbsp
Green Chilies : 2 nos
Turmeric powder : a pinch
Cumin Seeds : 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil : 1 tbsp
Rate this page :
- Wash the Fenugreek Leaves well under running water and let it dry.
- Chop the Fenugreek Leaves finely
- Grind coconut, green chilies, turmeric powder and cumin into a coarse paste.
- Heat the oil in pan and splutter mustard seeds, add sliced shallots, chopped garlic, curry leaves and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped Fenugreek Leaves and mix everything and reduce the fire to medium, cover the pan and cook for one minute.
- Add the coconut mixture and combine everything together. Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and cook on low flame for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally till all the water evaporates, adjust the salt to taste.
- Serve with rice & Enjoy!