Rava kesari is a popular south Indian sweet made from semolina ( rava ) during the festive season. It is very easy to make, just a few ingredients like semolina, ghee ,sugar,raisins and cashews together to bring out something magical and exotic.
- Rava : 2 cups
- Sugar : 2 cups
- Ghee : 1cup
- Water : 4 cups
- Cardamom : 7
- Cashews : 10
- Raisins :10
- saffron color
- Salt, a pinch
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan. Roast cashews, almonds, raisins and keep it aside.
- In the same ghee, roast rava for 4 minutes till it get nice aroma.
- Add water, a pinch of salt let it boil for few minutes and mix it well.
- Melt saffron color into 2 tbs of milk and add into it. Mix it well till all the water gets absorbed by the rava. Cook the rava for 5-6 minutes in low flame.
- Add sugar and keep the flame in medium and stir it well.
- Add ghee,cardamom,almonds,cashews and raisins.
- Grease a plate with ghee and spread the kesari in it and after cooling cut into small pieces …
Rate this page :