Jalebi or Jilebi is a traditional sweet item in India. This is a hot favorite for any special occasion. Now Jalebi is easier to prepare at home. This sweet is made with urad dal. Festivals like diwali are incomplete without the preparation of jalebi.
- Sugar ; 2 cups
- Water ; 1 cup
- Lemon juice ; 1 tbs
- Rose water ; 1 tbs
- Urud dal ; 2 cup
- Rice flour ; 1/4 cup
- Safron color ; a pinch
- To make sugar syrup ;
Melt sugar with the rose water and boil to get a one thread consistency. To check for one thread consistency, carefully dip the tip of your index finger into the syrup. Touch the finger and thumb together and gently tease apart.If one thread is formed between your finger and thumb your syrup is ready.
- To make batter;
Soak urad dal for 6 hrs. Then drain the water completely and grind nicely in a wet grinder. Add little water from time to time and grind it to a smooth paste.The batter should be soft and fluffy. Add safron color into the batter.
- Pour batter into a ketchup dispensing bottle.
- Once the oil is heated, reduce the heat and then start piping out Jalebi.( You will find difficult to pipe if the oil is too hot). Once you finish, turn the heat into medium flame
- First pipe two circles, then on the top of it make smaller rounds without stopping. cook the other side also.
- Once cooked remove it from the oil and dip into the prepared sugar syrup.Press it gently with a ladle inside the sugar syrup.
- After 3-4 minutes remove it from the sugar syrup and keep it on a plate to dry.
Yummy and delicious Jalebis are ready. ENJOY !
Rate this page :