Vegetable cutlet is a very popular and simple evening snack. It is easy to make and crisp on the outer side with soft inside. It is the combination of vegetables and spices. This cutlet can be kept inside a burger bun along with sliced tomato, onion and serve it as vegetable burger.
Rate this page :
- Potato – 2, boiled and smashed
- Carrot – 2 boiled and smashed
- Green peas – 100 g
- Cabbage – 100 g, chopped
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Ginger paste – 1 tbs
- Green chilli – 5 chopped
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tbs
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tbs
- Bread crumbs – 2 tbs
- All purpose flour (maida) – 3 tbs
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan over medium flame.
- Add chopped onion and stir fry until it turns light pink.
- Add crushed green chilies and ginger paste and stir fry for few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder and garam masala into it.
- Add green peas and cabbage cook it for 4 more minutes
- Then add steamed carrots and salt. mix and cook it for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the flame add lemon juice and smashed potatoes. Mix it well with bread crumbs and coriander leaves (optional )and transfer prepared mixture in a large bowl. Let it cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Take 1/2 cup all purpose flour(maida) and dissolve it into 3/4 cup water. Dip each cutlet in the prepared flour mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry each cutlet till it turns golden brown in color from both sides. Drain on absorbent tissue paper. Serve it hot with Tomato ketchup.