Ulli vada is a famous snack from South India. It is easy to make Ulli Vada and can be done within minutes. Ulli Vada is crunchy on outside and soft on inside. These vadas perfectly suit with a cup of tea. The mild sweetness of the onions covered with spicy batter gives a perfect balanced taste.
- Onions – 2 thinly sliced
- Gram flour (Besan )- 1 cup
- Rice flour – 3 tbs
- Ginger – 1 inch piece thinly chopped
- Garam masala – 1/2 tbs
- Green chilies – 3 finely chopped
- Red chili powder -1/2 tbs
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Combine gram flour, rice flour,red chilli powder, garam masala and salt. Mix it well.
- Add few drops of water and make a thick batter and keep it aside .
- Mix sliced onions,green chilies,ginger, curry leaves and salt with hand.
- Add this mixture with the batter. Onions should be coated in the batter but the batter should not be too loose.
- Heat oil in a pan . When the oil is hot reduce the heat into medium.
- Take some mixture and deep fry in oil till crispy and onions becomes slightly brown in color.
- Serve it hot.
Rate this page :