Samosa is an Indian deep fried spicy snack usually served with tea . There are numerous varieties of samosas. It is generally fried in triangular shape with a savory filling. The stuffing can be as per individual preference. Veggies (could be Potato/Green peas/Carrots/Paneer/Tofu) , Chicken , Meat, Egg , even fruits can be used for the filling . Onion samosa, popularly known as Irani samosa are often served with chutney or Tomato sauce.
Rate this page :
Ingredients for stuffing:
- Chopped Onions – 1 cup
- Poha / Aval / Flattened Rice– 1 cup
- Chopped Ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies – 2
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt -to taste
- Curry leaves
- Oil – To fry
Ingredients for outer coating:
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Maida flour – 1/2 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Take a bowl , add wheat flour, maida, salt, 1 tsp oil and mix well. Add water to make a soft dough and rest it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take another bowl, and mix chopped onion ,poha, chilli powder, coriander powder, chopped green chillis, garam masala, chopped ginger, curry leaves and salt for stuffing.
- In a third bowl add 1tsp of maida and mix it with some water to make a thick paste and keep it aside.
- Make thin chapathies with the dough and slightly cook the chapathies on both the sides. Do not cook more.
- Once chapathies are ready cut the chapathi sheets into long triangle shape.
- Apply maida paste on one side of the sheet and make a cone shape. Stuff the mixture in the cone then close the edge with maida paste.
- In a pan add oil and deep fry the samosas. Enjoy !