Fish cutlet is one of the favorite appetizer for many. It tastes really good and and easy recipe to make. It can be made with any boneless fish. Tuna and King Fish are some of the best choices for making fish cutlet.
- Fish (you can use any boneless fish) – ½ kg
- Chopped Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Green chilli – 2,3
- Onion – 1 medium sized
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder : a pinch
- Potato – 2 medium
- Egg white – 1 egg
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Curry leaves
- Boil the fish with turmeric powder and salt.
- When the fish is cooked drain the water and mince the cooked fish and set it aside.
- Boil the potatoes; peel and smash well.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and add chopped ginger, garlic, onion, green chillies and curry leaves and saute for few minutes till the onions are transparent.
- Add garam masala and black pepper.
- Add the minced fish pieces and cook for few minutes till the mixture becomes dry.
- Remove from the fire and allow it to cool.
- Add mashed potatoes into the fish mixture and mix well with your hands.
- Make lemon sized balls out of it and make desired shapes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs white with a tbsp of water.
- Dip each cutlets in eggs and coat again with bread crumbs.
- Deep fry it in oil and Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Rate this page :